A voice in the corn field

11:42
A voice in the corn field - A Voice in the Corn Field

you have the seen throughout the film field of dreams, is not it? Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones? Baseball in the middle of an Iowa cornfield? I will do so, have not fully understood all of the diverse themes of the film; I was maybe thirteen, when I saw it. But the iconic line: "If you build it, they will come," hit me like a flyball to left field (I almost know nothing about baseball is it obvious.?) As I contemplated my part-time business to a Full-transition-time career.

I'm really good at it, to find the holes in a plan. For this reason, I am the person you love to hate in a committee. I am pragmatic and practical to a fault. But sometimes, I let myself dream. And one day I realized that my dream was to finish my job and work from home full time. Immediately, I took all possible flaws in this plan. Why would anyone hire me? I'm no expert, I do not have much experience, and there are people who are better in this way than I could ever be hope. I will not make any money, my business will fail, and the earth will certainly stop rotates about its axis.

If you build it ...

But when I closed my eyes and let me dream, I was Ray Kinsella, standing in the cornfield and heard the voice: "If you build it, they will come. "Perhaps the best way to start a business is to start a business, and see what happens next.

that was a pretty solid business plan at the time for me. I would not recommend it for all. I had very little effort, because everything I needed my computer was, and the software that I use already. I had set up a small home office. I had to get the ball rolling a solid customer. In the worst case, I would not earn enough money and some part-time work would resume. I was not able to lose capital.

So I decided to build a baseball diamond and to see if playing someone emerged ball.

focus on the first 12km

The distance between point A and point B can often seem overwhelming, if A is a part ~~ POS = TRUNC hobby is Art Business, and B a financially sustainable full-time career. While it is always important to have a sense of the big picture, it is equally important to wake up every day and put one foot before the other. A friend of mine recently completed a grueling 250km Marathon by the Moroccan dessert. He admitted fully that if at the beginning of the race, he thought about every 250 km, he would have turned to home and join. Instead, he stood at the starting line and focused on the fact that the first service station was only 12 kilometers away. And he knew he could run 12 km away.

My suggestion your business part-time to full-time for the transition, or a business to start from square one, for that matter, on the first 12km to concentrate. Do what you can today, and then do what you can today. When a call or an email all you can manage, then do it. Do one thing every day or every week that you to your destination one step closer to be a full-time small business owner.

making room in the range

While I was working elsewhere in part-time and my business is transferred in full-time, a colleague to check something. He said: "As long as you work part time, your business will always be only part-time." Think about it. There are only so many hours a day, just so much energy that you can commit to a specific project. Sometimes you have to plow under the corn harvest to make room for a baseball diamond.

I decided 100% of my energy to commit my business. With the large image on the back of my mind, I completed a small task at a time. I quit the job of a steady paycheck had made some difficult financial months available, and then one day I found myself in an Iowa cornfield nod to Shoeless Joe Jackson in the proverbial baseball diamond, watching has become my dream a reality. I built it. And they came.

What is the voice in the corn field, you say?

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar